Join Our Team
Are you ready to begin your dream career in law enforcement or are you an experienced officer ready to make your next career move? The Hollywood Police Department is the place for you! HPD is currently hiring candidates who qualify in three different ways:
- Non-certified recruits ready to embark on a challenging law enforcement career with HPD and seeking a department to sponsor their academy training
- Certified candidates who want to be part of an agency committed to the highest level of professionalism and integrity in law enforcement
- Experienced officers planning the next phase of their law enforcement careers and ready to bring their skills and expertise to Hollywood
Whether you’re just getting started on the path to a fulfilling law enforcement career, a veteran officer seeking new challenges, or a recently retired officer not ready to stop working—it would be hard to find a better place to build or continue your career.
The City of Hollywood
is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob listing for Non-Certified Police Officers
Our Core Values & Beliefs
- Our foundation is built on integrity
- The leadership of the Hollywood Police Department is guided by the dedication and loyalty of its members
- We are accountable to ourselves and the community while providing service with courtesy, compassion and empathy
- We are committed to continued progressive policing in partnership with our community
- We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to the community by always performing at our personal best
- We take pride in our organization and the community we serve
All applicants must:
- be 21 years of age at time of State Certification
- be a citizen of the United States at the time of application
- be a high school graduate from an accredited high school or have a GED
- be of good moral character
- have no felony convictions
- have committed no incidents of violence
- Military discharge must not have been dishonorable
- Pass Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) or Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT) with a minimum score of 79 and/or pass a competitive civil service exam (law)
- Pass Basic Motor Skills Test (BMST) for physical agility
- Pass Swim Test
- Pass Polygraph examination
- Pass psychological screening (law)
- Pass an extensive medical evaluation and drug screening
- Meet current State training requirements as necessary
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Pass drug detection by urinalysis test
- Stable work history
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must possess ability to exercise discretion
Thank You for your interest in the Hollywood Police Department. Before submitting the application, you must take the required tests and obtain a print out of all your scores. Please schedule all of your tests on your own. Once they are all completed and you have all the required documents, you can begin the application process. You will be required to upload your test scores, a 27 page personal history statement and required documents that are listed on page 2 of the personal history statement. Click here for the Personal History Statement.
Required Tests (CJBAT, SWIM TEST AND PHYSICAL AGILITY.
1. You will need to take the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT). It is sometimes called FBAT in other counties in Florida. Please see the below chart for dates and times offered at the Broward Institute of Public Safety. The F-BAT is offered in Miami Dade College.
2. The Basic Motor Skills Test (BMST) is given at the Broward Institute of Public Safety.
3. Swim Test is given at the Broward Institute of Public Safety.
For testing information at the Broward County Institute of Public Safety, please visitwww.broward.edu/ips.
|Swim||Monday||7:00 a.m.||$20||No Expiration|
|Basic Motor Skills||Monday||8:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m||$25||6 months|
|CJBAT||Monday||8:15 a.m.||$45||4 years|
|CJBAT||Tuesday||8:15 a.m.||$45||4 years|
|Basic Motor Skills||Thursday||8:30 a.m.||$25||6 months|
|Basic Motor Skills Practice||Thursday||3:00 p.m.||N/A||N/A|
- If you plan ahead, all tests can be completed within one week. Once you have the entire completed packet, which includes all test scores, the Personal History Statement and required documents, click here to create an account and submit your application and documents electronically on our site. If you have difficulty uploading the documents, contact Joshua Kittinger from Human Resources at 954-921-3216