Under the direct supervision of the Grounds and Urban Forestry Supervisor, responsibilities for the crews include.
- Maintaining building grounds at City facilities and parks.
- Maintaining existing landscaped areas in the City's rights-of-way including medians on A1A, Federal Highway and the Dixie Highway corridor.
Daily tasks include:
- Applying mulch, pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides according to Best Maintenance Practices.
- Monitoring and regulating irrigation water usage.
- Repairing existing landscaping in medians damaged due to automobile accidents.
- Coordinating and installing new landscape projects made possible through capital improvement projects, grants, or other financial resources.
- Inspecting trees for removal and/or replacement on City property
- Crews also available to inspect and make recommendations for removal/replacement on private property and swales.
For additional information please call 954.967.4526.