Small Business Saturday was founded in 2010 by American Express to help business owners with their most pressing need - getting more customers. Six years later, shoppers across the nation continue to rally in support of small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
American Express Small Business Neighborhood Champion's "The Branding Alliance" will be hosting a Small Business Showcase from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Small Business Saturday, November 25th at 2101 N State Road 7 in Hollywood. The goal of the showcase is to promote local businesses in Hollywood. For more information on the Small Business Showcase, please call Tina Acevedo at 954.294.2283.
• Independently owned businesses contribute to what keeps Hollywood vibrant and unique
• Buying local gives you direct access to local business owners often resulting in better service
• Patronizing local businesses helps create local jobs
• Locally owned businesses are more likely to support local non-profits and charitable causes
• You help maximize the economic multiplier effect in which each dollar spent locally returns 3 times more money to our local community
• Local sales and business taxes help to finance schools, hospitals and other vital services
• Supporting local businesses helps reduce transportation and is more environmentally friendly
Did you know Hollywood is home to more than 10,000 businesses? Did you also know when you shop small and local, more than 50% of the money you spend stays in the community? The money you spend here stays here. As you head out to do your holiday shopping, look for ways to support your local businesses. Shop Small on Small Business Saturday to help support the place you call home. Enjoy the holidays in Hollywood!