Planning oversees several of the processes involving new and existing development and redevelopment within the City. Planning strives to provide the highest level of customer service and convenience through the coordination of the development review process.
Agendas and Minutes
Planning and Development Board
Historic Preservation Board
Technical Advisory Committee
Planning is committed to ensuring all new construction projects or new businesses within the City of Hollywood have a positive impact on the quality of life, of our residents, businesses and visitors.
This is achieved by Planning's primary responsibility of administering the City's Zoning and Land Development Code. The Zoning and Land Development Code outlines specific requirements regarding permitted uses, building setbacks, use separations, density, height, and location as well as parking, landscaping, signage, and more.
Services provided by Planning include:
- Administering and maintaining the Zoning and Land Development Code
- Administering the development review process
- Comprehensive planning
- Design review
- Historic preservation
- Making use determinations for a particular use at a specified property
- Review and processing of Certificates of Use for new business locating to or existing businesses relocating in the city
- Review of building permits for compliance with the Zoning and Land Development Code
- Site Plan Review
- Verifying permitted uses and zoning information for properties within the city