The Hollywood Police Explorer program provides our youth with an opportunity to learn about a career in Law Enforcement, enhance their leadership skills, and make a difference in their community.
Who can be an H.P.D. Explorer?
• You are between the ages of 13 and 21
• You are free from physical limitations that might prevent you from completing any duty assignment
• You maintain a 2.00 grade point average
• You have no felony convictions
• You are of good moral character
What are the duties of an explorer?
• Attend weekly meetings
• Participate in ride-alongs with police officers
• Assist with DUI checkpoints
• Work with H.P.D. specialized units
• Participate in many other civic functions
• Explorer academies
• Compete against other Explorer Posts
• Field trips
• Enhance skills and abilities
• Assist other Explorer Posts
Benefits of Becoming an Explorer:
• Training: patrol procedures, communications, department regulations, criminal law, report writing, the fundamentals of police field work, physical fitness and more!
• Community Events: safety fairs, fingerprinting, traffic control, fundraising, and other community outreach activities.
For more information, contact (954) 967-4371