Are you ready to begin your dream career in law enforcement or are you an experienced officer ready to make your next career move? The Hollywood Police Department is the place for you! HPD is currently hiring candidates who qualify in three different ways:
- Non-certified recruits ready to embark on a challenging law enforcement career with HPD and seeking a department to sponsor their academy training
- Certified candidates who want to be part of an agency committed to the highest level of professionalism and integrity in law enforcement
- Experienced officers planning the next phase of their law enforcement careers and ready to bring their skills and expertise to Hollywood
The Hollywood Police Department is a highly professional law enforcement agency offering exceptional career advancement opportunities that will allow HPD officers to go as far as their determination and skills will take them. The Department offers a full array of specialized units such as K-9, SWAT, narcotics and street crimes, along with top-notch equipment and training.
Whether you’re just getting started on the path to a fulfilling law enforcement career, a veteran officer seeking new challenges, or a recently retired officer not ready to stop working—it would be hard to find a better place to build or continue your career. Click here to apply.
Certified: $61,229.95 – $74,425.38
Pension-Retire with 22 years of continuous service with 75% of the average monthly earnings with an 8 year D.R.O.P.
1 to 7 years on receive 80 hours of vacation, 88 hours of Holidays, 8 hours of Birthday, 1 Personal Day and 1 Administrative Day
- 8 to 10 years on - receive 112 hours of vacation and above extra days
- 11 to 15 years on - receive 144 hours of vacation and above extra days
- 16 to 20 years on - receive 160 hours of vacation and above extra days
- 21 and up - receive 200 hours of vacation and above extra days
Up to 240 hours of paid Military Leave of Absence available
Sick Leave: Employees accrue 8 hours of Sick Leave per calendar month
No Health care coverage premiums for employees selecting Single coverage with In-Network providers.
Dental and Vision insurance provided along with a Health Reimbursement Account valued at $300 for Single coverage, $400 for single plus one dependent and $700 for single and two or dependents
- Vehicle Take Home
- Specialized Units Included: SWAT, K-9, Beach/Marine Unit, Detective Unit, Traffic/Motors Unit, Street Crimes, Vice Unit
- Call back to duty compensation
- On duty physical workout time
- Uniform or clothing allowance and full uniform and equipment issuance and replacement
- No cost Annual Wellness physical through City's provider up to $500
- No cost 100,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Most Units work a 4/10 schedule. Four (4) days on with three (3) days off with overtime opportunities.
- Higher Education Reimbursement: 100% reimbursement when a grade of ‘A’ or ‘B’ is earned. (Max $1800 additional pay a year.)
- One (1) year of Probation and then can test for rank of Sergeant after five (5) continuous years of service with additional credit given for college education.