The preservation of existing street trees has been a priority as part of the Bike Lane Project. As such, when possible, sidewalks were rerouted around trees in an effort to preserve the tree while ensuring a safe path for pedestrians. Permits were obtained when removal was necessary. Removal only took place as a last resort. To restore the City’s green landscape, officials are now adding approximately 888 new palm trees and 36 + Sabal Palm trees along the following three streets:
- N 14th Avenue: Atlantic Shores Blvd north to Sheridan St has been completed.
- S Park Road: Washington St. north to Johnson St has completed.
- 56th Avenue: Pembroke Road north to Stirling Road SW 56th Avenue:
- Project includes conceptual landscape plans for areas adjacent to roadway after the widening and sidewalk.
- landscaping along SW 56th Avenue from Pembroke Road (824) to Stirling Road (848) for 3.55 miles
The Bike Lane Project began February 13th, 2023 and is on schedule to be completed within the 10 month timeframe by December 10th, 2023. For additional questions, please call 954-745-0567 or email email@example.com
Visit the City's project dashboard here for the latest information on multiple project currently underway: https://www.hollywoodfl.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1204