REMINDER: 911 IS FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY. Please do not call 911 to ask where to drop off donations for the Bahamas Relief Effort.
Hurricane Relief for the Bahamas
The City of Hollywood has organized a hurricane relief effort
for the people of the Bahamas who have been impacted by Hurricane
Dorian. Beginning September 3 and continuing through September 19th, the City's Fire Training Facility, Fire/Rescue Stations, and Code Compliance office will be accepting donations of the following items that have been requested by the
government of the Bahamas:
- Non-perishable foods or canned foods
- Hygiene kits (tissue, toothpaste, tooth brushes, towels, sanitary napkins, feminine products)
- Baby formula, bottles and supplies
- Plastic water containers
- Blankets, sheets, pillows
- Mosquito repellent (DEET-free)
- Disposable plates and eating utensils
- Portable radios (battery or crank)
- First aid kits (bandages, gauze and tape)
- Pet food/supplies
Only new, unopened donations listed will be accepted. Financial donations should be directed to one of the many reputable charities who are collecting as part of the relief effort.
"As we pray for those affected, I am asking that we match our
thoughts and prayers with action by offering assistance in the aftermath of this monster hurricane," says Hollywood Fire Rescue Chief Rudy Jurado. "We will use our fire stations, training facility, and code office at City Hall Circle as collection points for spearheading relief efforts. Please help us make the most of our efforts, by only donating those items requested by the Bahamian government."
Primary Donation Site:
Fire Training Facility, 3400 N. 56th Avenue, Hollywood, Florida 33021
Donations accepted at this location from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Secondary Donation Sites:
- Station 5, 1819 N. 21st Avenue, Hollywood, Florida 33020
- Station 31, 3401 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Florida 33021
- Station 40, 707 S. Ocean Drive, Hollywood, Florida 33019
- Station 74, 2741 Stirling Road, Hollywood, Florida 33312
- Station 105, 1511 S. Federal Highway, Hollywood, Florida 33020
At these secondary drop off locations our First Responders are on active duty and are responding to emergency calls at all times. If you go to one of these secondary drop off locations and find it empty you may leave your donation at the door and it will be collect when Firefighters return from the emergency calls. If you are not comfortable leaving your donation then go to the primary drop off location at the Fire Training Facility.
Additional Donation Site:
- Code Compliance Office in the Annex building located in the SE section of City Hall Circle, 2600 Hollywood Blvd
Donations accepted at this location only from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Businesses are also welcome to collect donations at their establishments and drop them off at one of these locations. For large donations (pallet or tractor trailers), please drop these donations at the primary drop off location at the Fire Training Facility. Some coordination may be required prior to delivering pallet and truck donations. At the close of the collection period, off-duty Fire Rescue Personnel will spearhead getting the donations onto trailers at the Bahamian Consulate and from there the supplies will be delivered to the Bahamas.