Hollywood Beach and Broadwalk Closed to the Public
The City of Hollywood is taking proactive measures based on the CDC Guidance related to large events and mass gatherings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective 1:00 p.m. on March 16th, Hollywood Beach and the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk are closed to the public for recreational use. Many
businesses and restaurants on the barrier island and along the Broadwalk remainopened. Patrons can use the Broadwalk, side streets and rear and side entrances
to access these businesses. Additionally, visitors staying along the Broadwalkand residents who live in homes adjacent to the Broadwalk will be able access
their homes and lodging establishments via the Broadwalk.
Information on Bar and Nightclub 30 Day Closure
Effective 5:00 p.m. on March 17th, all bars, pubs and nightclubs in the City of Hollywood must suspend operations for 30 days. This includes closing the bar area within a restaurant for direct service to patrons.
Information on Restricted Hours and Social Distancing Requirements for Restaurants
Restaurants state-wide are required to have a 50% capacity limitation, and dine-in seating must be staggeredand limited to ensure seated parties are separated by at least six feet.
Restaurants are mandated to screen employees for illness and/or COVID-19exposure and prohibit entry for any employee who has a positive response to the
In addition to the state-wide capacitylimitations and table spacing requirements, Hollywood restaurants City-wide
must limit the number of people in their establishment to no more than 50during all hours of operation. All dine-in service must end at or before
10:00 p.m. each day and must remain closed until 6:00 a.m. thefollowing day. Restaurants may remain open past 10:00 p.m. to
provide delivery, take-out and drive through service only. The public is encouraged to use these take-out and delivery options.
City Facilities, CommunityCenters & Parks
Effective March 17th, all
City-operated community centers not serving as polling locations, the DavidPark Tennis Center, Orangebook Golf and Country Club, Hollywood Beach Golf
Club, Art and Culture Center/Hollywood, and the Hollywood Marina, including themarina fuel pump, are closed until further notice. Marina staff will continue
to provide security services as scheduled. All City-operated parks remain openfor passive use only. Organized use is prohibited.
City-operated Community Centers serving as polling locations will be open for voting today (Tuesday, March 17th) until 7:00 p.m. For a list of polling locations in Hollywood, please visit the Broward County Supervisor of Elections website.
City Commission, CRA Board, and Advisory Board/Committee Meetings Cancelled for March
Redevelopment Agency Meeting, Regular City Commission Meeting, and TechnicalAdvisory Committee (TAC) Meeting scheduled for this week have been cancelled. The Special Magistrate Meeting scheduled for next week is also cancelled. These measures are being put in place for the protection of the community,
visitors, and employees to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and ensure thehealthcare system is not overwhelmed.
Please see the following list of events in Hollywood that have been cancelled due to COVID-19:
- 3/16 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/16 Hollywood Happy Days
- 3/19 – 3/22 – Paddleball Tournament @ Hollywood Beach
- 3/20 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/21 – 3/22 – Greater Ft. Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival’ s Grand Tasting at ArtsPark
- 3/21 – ArtWalk Downtown Hollywood
- 3/21 – Outrun Hunger 5k
- 3/23 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/27 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/28 & 4/ 4 Gardening Classes at Oak Lake Community Center
- 3/28 – Hollywood ArtsPark Experience: Dumpstaphunk
- 3/28 – 3/29 Pro Footvolley
- 3/30 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- The Hollywood Historical Society Lecture Series is cancelled through July
City programming cancelled due to COVID-19:
City-sponsored events have been cancelled and other programming has been impacted due to COVID-19. All City-programming held indoors within Community Centers is cancelled until further notice, this includes after care programming. All organized athletic leagues, games, races and tournaments held at City recreational facilities is cancelled until further notice. Outdoor parks are open to the public for passive use. Please use social distancing in all public settings.
Additional closings and cancellations in Broward County:
- The Hollywood Sun Shuttle by Circuit micro transit system has been suspended until further notice.
- South Florida school districts have announced closures in their response to the growing coronavirus outbreak. Broward County and Miami-Dade Public Schools and the Archdiocese of Miami have announced the closure of all their schools beginning Monday, March 16th. Please monitor local media and check with your child’s school for the latest information regarding closures and what that means for students.
- Broward County Library has cancelled all library events until further notice. This includes classes, programs, workshops, story time, outreach events, room reservations, etc. at all Broward County Library locations. In addition, the Active Learning Center at the Main Library and removed all manipulatives (toys, puzzles, etc.) from all libraries. All libraries are scheduled to stay open with regular operating hours. Early voting will continue at designated libraries through March 15th as planned. Primary Election Day (March 17) will be held at designated libraries that serve as precincts as planned.
- Broward County Court has been suspended until further notice.
- Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport remains open, however Delta Airlines has suspended 40% of their flights. Please check with your airline for the latest status update on flights.
- Port Everglades is open and operational. The Port is working closely with the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Quarantine Station in Miami for any COVID-19 issues that may arise with cruise ships or cargo vessels.
Additional cancellations in Broward County:
- Florida Renaissance Festival- Cancelled
- Museum of Discovery and Science Annual Wine, Culinary & Spirits Celebration (March 13) – Postponed until Summer 2020
- Jazz in the Gardens (March 14-15) – Postponed until further notice
- Broward Heart Walk (March 15) – Rescheduled for March 10
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Food & Wine Festival (March 18-22) – Rescheduled to August 5-9, 2020
- City of Fort Lauderdale St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival (March 13-14) - Cancelled
- FemAle Brew Fest (March 21) – Postponed until further notice
- Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration (March 28-29) – Postponed until further notice
- Pride of the Americas (April 21-26) – Postponed until Fall 2020
- Inter Miami CF’s home games in Fort Lauderdale (along with all MLS play) suspended until April 12.
- Florida Panther Hockey games (along with all NHL games) are suspended indefinitely.
The City is diligently monitoring the development of COVID-19 and is taking the necessary precautions for the safety and well-being of our community. We are working closely with local and state officials and remain vigilant in following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Department of Health guidelines. All residents are encouraged to take preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as hand washing, social distancing, and staying home if you are feeling sick.