Important Update on City of Hollywood COVID-19 Response
Effective at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 in the City of Hollywood, the following closures are mandated through and including Thursday, April 16, 2020:
Bars and Nightclubs
All bars, pubs, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, breweries, and taverns in the City of Hollywood closed at 5:00 p.m. on March 17 and must remain closed.
All restaurants, cafeterias, and other food service establishments must cease all on premise services. However, such establishments may continue to operate their kitchens for drive-thru, delivery, and curbside pick-up of food orders.
All gyms, fitness centers, fitness studios, dance studios, and gymnasiums are closed. This does not apply to gyms or fitness centers that are an amenity of a hotel or office building and which have a capacity of 10 persons or less, or are an amenity of a residential building.
All dance halls, movie theaters, banquet halls, auditoriums, bowling alleys, video arcades and other like entertainment facilities and businesses, including but not limited to those contained within a hotel or other enclosed facility or structure, are closed.
Hollywood Beach, Broadwalk, Parks and Recreational Facilities
The Hollywood Beach and Broadwalk are closed to recreational activity. Access to the barrier island will be restricted to residents, business owners, business employees, hotel guests and patrons coming to pick up carry-out food orders from barrier island restaurants. All City community centers, parks and recreational facilities are closed. Public boat ramps at Holland Park will remain open, but the rest of the park will be closed down.
All public gatherings of any type, whether organized or otherwise, of greater than 10 persons are prohibited. Grocery stores, gas stations, convenience stores, banks, credit unions, financial institutions, hardware stores, auto supply stores, hospitals, healthcare and medical facilities, pharmacies, drug stores, medical supply stores and companies, land or facilities owned or managed by Broward County, the Broward County School Board, the South Broward Hospital District, the State of Florida, and the Federal Government are exempt from this regulation.
Public Access to City Hall and City Buildings: Customer Services Provided Online and By Phone
For the health and safety of our employees and residents, effective at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, 2020 and continuing through Friday, April 3, 2020, access to City Hall and City Buildings is not available to the public, however many services are available on a modified basis via telephone and online. The following City operations continue:
Public Safety and Emergency Services
Public Works/Sanitation Services
Public Utilities/Water and Wastewater Services
Customer Service (online and by phone)
Building Department Permitting and Inspection Services
Administration, City Attorney, City Clerk, Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance, Budget
Parks Maintenance & Security
Residents can access a number of services online or by calling the appropriate City Department, Office or Agency listed in the staff directory on the City’s website.
If you have questions regarding the City’s COVID-19 emergency response, starting at 7:00 a.m. on March 19th, a special public information line will be staffed during normal business hours 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. You can reach this special public information line at 954.967.4362.
Cancellations of City Events and Programs
All City-sponsored events and other programming have been cancelled until further notice. This includes all City programming held indoors within Community Centers, including aftercare programs. All organized athletic leagues, games, races and tournaments held at City recreational facilities will be cancelled until further notice. For the latest status of City events and programming, and other programs offered throughout Broward County, please visit the City’s website event calendar.
The Sun Shuttle micro transit system has been suspended until further notice. These measures are being put in place for the protection of the community, visitors, and employees to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the healthcare system is not overwhelmed.
All Building Permits Issued Online
The City of Hollywood is now issuing ALL Building Permits via the ePermit Online Service. Customers are encouraged to use the online system to submit, monitor, pay for building permits and schedule inspections. Hollywood customers can also apply and receive approvals for associated Broward County permits using the County’s ePermitOneStop online service.
Still have questions? Want us to give you a call? The QLess Virtual Check-In System allows customers to communicate with staff from Building, Engineering and Planning and Zoning to have questions and concerns addressed quickly. Simply “get in line” and we’ll give you a call back.
Please note: The QLess Virtual Check-In System will now be used for Informational Courtesy Hours too (Tuesday and Thursday 7:30-10:30). This includes Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Zoning, Fire, Engineering and Utilities.
Enter the QLess Virtual Check-In App here or text "Hollywoodservice" to 954.241.1105 to reserve your spot in line.
Log on for Hollywood ePermits
Log on for Broward County ePermitOneStop
City Commission, CRA Board, and Advisory Board/Committee Meetings Cancelled for March
The Community Redevelopment Agency Board Meeting, Regular City Commission Meeting and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting scheduled for this week have been cancelled. The Special Magistrate meeting scheduled for next week is also cancelled.
Please see the following list of events in Hollywood that have been cancelled due to COVID-19:
- 3/19 – 3/22 – Paddleball Tournament @ Hollywood Beach
- 3/20 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/21 – 3/22 – Greater Ft. Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival’ s Grand Tasting at ArtsPark
- 3/21 – ArtWalk Downtown Hollywood
- 3/21 – Outrun Hunger 5k
- 3/23 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/27 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/28 & 4/ 4 Gardening Classes at Oak Lake Community Center
- 3/28 – Hollywood ArtsPark Experience: Dumpstaphunk
- 3/28 – 3/29 Pro Footvolley
- 3/30 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- The Hollywood Historical Society Lecture Series is cancelled through July
Additional closings and cancellations in Broward County:
- South Florida school districts have announced closures in their response to the growing coronavirus outbreak.
- Broward County Library has cancelled all library events until further notice. This includes classes, programs, workshops, story time, outreach events, room reservations, etc. at all Broward County Library locations. In addition, the Active Learning Center at the Main Library and removed all manipulatives (toys, puzzles, etc.) from all libraries. All libraries are scheduled to stay open with regular operating hours. Early voting will continue at designated libraries through March 15th as planned. Primary Election Day (March 17) will be held at designated libraries that serve as precincts as planned.
- Broward County Court has been suspended until further notice.
- Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport remains open, however Delta Airlines has suspended 40% of their flights. Please check with your airline for the latest status update on flights.
- Port Everglades is open and operational. The Port is working closely with the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Quarantine Station in Miami for any COVID-19 issues that may arise with cruise ships or cargo vessels.
Additional cancellations in Broward County:
- Florida Renaissance Festival- Cancelled
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Food & Wine Festival (March 18-22) – Rescheduled to August 5-9, 2020
- City of Fort Lauderdale St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival (March 13-14) - Cancelled
- FemAle Brew Fest (March 21) – Postponed until further notice
- Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration (March 28-29) – Postponed until further notice
- Pride of the Americas (April 21-26) – Postponed until Fall 2020
- Inter Miami CF’s home games in Fort Lauderdale (along with all MLS play) suspended until April 12.
- Florida Panther Hockey games (along with all NHL games) are suspended indefinitely.
The City is diligently monitoring the development of COVID-19 and is taking the necessary precautions for the safety and well-being of our community. We are working closely with local and state officials and remain vigilant in following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Department of Health guidelines. All residents are encouraged to take preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as hand washing, social distancing, and staying at home.