Broward County's annual Chip-a-Tree program is going on now through Monday, January 18th. Drop off your undecorated tree to a participating park, where it will be chipped and used for landscaping throughout the county parks system.
Last year Broward County Parks recycled more than 4,000 trees, representing tons of material that would otherwise have gone to landfills. This year your tree can join those recyclable thousands. The program is free, limit 2 trees per vehicle. No decorated or artificial trees will be accepted and no commercial vehicles or garbage trucks will be allowed. Regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee will NOT be in effect for recyclers. Hours may vary, call the park directly for details.
• Brian Piccolo Park & Velodrome, 9501 Sheridan St., Cooper City 33024; 954-357-5150
• C. B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines 33028; 954-357-5170
• Easterlin Park, 1000 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park 33309; 954-357-5190
• Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd. South, Coconut Creek 33063; 954-357-5198
• Markham Park & Target Range, 16001 W. State Rd. 84, Sunrise 33326; 954-357-8868
• Plantation Heritage Park, 1100 S. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation 33317; 954-357-5135
• Reverend Samuel Delevoe Park, 2520 N.W. Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale 33311; 954-357-8801
• Snake Warrior's Island Natural Area, 3600 S.W. 62nd Ave., Miramar, FL 33023; 954-357-8776
• Tradewinds Park & Stables, 3600 W. Sample Rd., Coconut Creek 33073; 954-357-8870
• Tree Tops Park, 3900 S.W. 100th Ave., Davie 33328; 954-357-5130
• T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood 33021; 954-357-8811
• Vista View Park, 4001 S.W. 142nd Ave., Davie 33330; 954-357-8898
• West Lake Park, 1200 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33019; 954-357-5161