The Florida Department of Health in Broward County, along with their partners, is offering free COVID-19 vaccinations to seniors 65 and older at five vaccination sites in Broward County. Vaccines will be available by appointment only for up to 500 new seniors each day, per site. The number of vaccination sites will expand as the local vaccine supply increases. Appointments for drive-thru vaccination sites can be made by visiting https://browardcovidvaccine.com. Due to overwhelming demand, if you find that no appointment times are available please check back again often. Appointments can only be made through this website, please DO NOT call the Department of Health. If you have previously registered for an appointment, you should have received an email confirmation, please check your spam or junk email folders. For all future appointments, a confirmation email will be sent within 48 hours of successful registration.
Vaccination by appointment only will take place at the following locations in Broward County:
- Tradewinds Park, 3600 W Sample Rd., Coconut Creek. Hours: Sunday-Thursday (Closed Friday, Saturday): 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vista View Park, 4001 SW 142nd Ave, Davie. Hours: Sunday-Thursday (Closed Friday, Saturday): 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Markham Park, 16001 W State Road 84, Sunrise. Hours: Tuesday-Saturday (Closed Sunday, Monday): 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Holiday Park/War Memorial, 1150 G. Harold Martin Drive, Fort Lauderdale. Hours to be announced. (Site Opens Thursday, January 7th)
- Central Regional Park, 3700 NW 11 Place, Lauderhill. Hours: Monday-Friday (Closed Saturday, Sunday) 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Site Opens Friday, January 8th)
Once an individual has received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, they will be given a scheduled time to return for their second dose. It is very important to return for the second dose on the day and time instructed to do so.
The availability of the vaccine does not reduce the need for ongoing COVID-19 testing, which remains available for free at many locations throughout Broward County, including the Boulevard Heights Community Center in Hollywood. VIEW BROWARD COUNTY TEST COLLECTION SITES
In addition to the Department of Health initiatives, there are 173 hospitals in Florida administering vaccines to health care workers who have direct patient contact, health care workers who are out in the community and to persons age 65+ determined by hospital providers to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. There are 14 hospitals in Broward County, please click the links below to visit the individual facility's COVID-19 informational webpages:
1) Broward Health Coral Springs
2) Broward Health Imperial Point
3) Broward Health Medical Center
4) Broward Health North
5) Cleveland Clinic
6) Florida Medical Center
7) Holy Cross
8) Memorial Hospital Miramar
9) Memorial Hospital Pembroke Pines
10) Memorial Hospital South
11) Memorial Regional Hospital
12) Plantation General Hospital
13) University Hospital
14) Westside Regional Hospital