Funding and Advocacy
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds:
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, administered by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The City of Hollywood uses federal funding for a multitude of programs including Housing Rehabilitation, Disaster Mitigation and Special Projects as well as funding public service agencies that provide critical services to our residents.
Some of the Public Services supported by CDBG funds:
HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME):
The HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) is the largest Federal block grant to state and local governments designed exclusively to create affordable housing for low-income households.
State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) Funds:
The State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) provides funds to local governments as an incentive to create partnerships that produce and preserve affordable homeownership and multifamily housing. The program was designed to provide very low, low and moderate income families with assistance to purchase a home, money to repair or replace a home, and many other types of housing assistance.
HELP TO ADVOCATE FOR FEDERAL FUNDING
YOU can help by writing to your Federal elected officials, Appropriations Committees and media sources:
Click the link to review a Sample Letter for Federal Representatives. Please make sure to personally edit your letter before sending to your elected representative.
Click Here to find out who your U.S. representatives are.
- E-mail U.S. Senators Senator Rick Scott and Senator Marco Rubio
- E-mail Congresswomen Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Frederica Wilson
- E-mail the U.S. Appropriations Committee
- E-mail the U.S. Appropriations Sub-Committee for Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- E-mail the Editor Sun-Sentinel and Miami Herald
THE CITY OF HOLLYWOOD NEEDS YOUR HELP TO ADVOCATE FOR STATE FUNDING
YOU can help by writing to your State elected officials and media sources:
Click the link to review a Sample Letter for State Representatives. Please make sure you personally edit the letter before sending to your elected representative.
Click Here to find out who your elected representatives are.
- Write a letter to Governor Ron DeSantis
- Write a letter to your Senator Jason W. B. Pizzo or Lauren Book
- Write a letter to your State Representative Marie P. Woodson or Hillary Cassell
- Write a letter to your Florida Senate Appropriations Committee
- Write a letter to your Florida House Appropriations Committee
- Write a letter to the Editor Sun-Sentinel and Miami Herald
For more information, please contact Community Development at 954.921.3271.