Steps for Leak Detection
- Turn off all the water in your house.
- Check the position of the meter dials.
- Make a note of where the small dials are.
- Re-check your meter.
- If the dials have not moved, congratulations - no leaks!
- If anything on the meter has changed, you may have a leak.
If you believe you have a leak, checking the following notoriously leaky areas first to identify the problem area:
- Outside hose connections
- Toilets, including the flapper
- Washing machine hoses/connections
- Irrigation systems