FDOT Construction Open House for Upcoming US1 Mobility Improvement Project
Thursday, December 15th
The Florida Department of Transportation will be holding an in-person and virtual meeting to discuss the upcoming US1 Mobility Improvement Project. Construction is anticipated to start in January 2023. Improvements planned include:
Milling and resurfacing along the project limits
• Modifying pavement markings along SR-5/US-1/Federal Highway to accommodate 4-foot bicycle lanes in each direction
• Installing 138 new light poles and upgrading existing lighting to LED along the corridor
• Replacing concrete sidewalk with pavers from Monroe Street to Van Buren Street, and from Polk Street to Fillmore Street
• Removing existing pavers at signalized intersections between Van Buren Street and SR-824/Pembroke Road
• Installing decorative stamped asphalt crosswalks at all signalized intersections
• Lane closures are permitted Sunday through Thursday, between 10:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. and two -hour single lane closures are permitted between 7:30am to 3:00pm for concrete pours.
• Full side street closures are permitted on weekends for the construction of the decorative crosswalks.
• Business, pedestrian, and residential access will be maintained at all times.
Construction Costs: $7,152,129 • Construction Start Date: January 2023 • Anticipated Completion: Early 2024
The Virtual Open House is scheduled from 5-6pm. Use the following link to register: https://tinyurl.com/us1mobilityVPM
. Participants may also join the online meeting by dialing: +1 (562) 247-8422, Access code: 878-716-315. A brief presentation followed by questions and comments from the public will be held from 5-5:30pm and again from 5:30-6pm if time allows.
The In-person Open House is scheduled from 6-7pm at the Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Center, 2030 Polk Street. This meeting will have an informal open house format with project representatives available to answer questions and provide assistance at any time during the meeting.
- Hugues Charles P.E. — FDOT Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 226-0255
- Alexander Vasquez — Project Administrator: email@example.com or (305) 725-9767
- Rebecca Guerrero — Community Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 940-7605
- Jose Cortes — City of Hollywood: email@example.com or (954) 240-7996