On-street metered parking is set to resume in downtown Hollywood on Monday, December 4, 2017. The return of metered on-street parking is in an effort to increase parking turnover and improve the availability of parking for customers. The cost to park at one of the over 500 metered on-street spaces will be set at $1.50 per hour, while the parking fee at both the Radius Parking Garage, 251 N. 19th Avenue and the Van Buren Parking Garage at 251 S. 20th Avenue will remain $1.00 per hour to accommodate those parking for a longer duration.
Metered parking locations:
- Harrison Street, 21st Avenue to 17th Avenue
- Hollywood Boulevard, 21st Avenue to Young Circle
- Hollywood Boulevard parking lot, 2014 Hollywood Boulevard
- Tyler Street, 21st Avenue to 17th Avenue
- 21st Avenue, Jackson Street to Polk Street
- South side of Van Buren, Federal Highway to 20th Avenue
- 20th Avenue, Van Buren Street to Harrison Street
- 20th Avenue, Tyler Street to Polk Street
- 19th Avenue, Van Buren Street to Harrison Street
- 19th Avenue, Tyler Street to Polk Street
- All parking pods on Young Circle
The on-street meters will accept coins, bills, credit cards and you will also have the option to pay using the Parkmobile App. The meters will be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no need to display a receipt on your dashboard, Parking Enforcement Officers will know your vehicle is paid because all license plates paid via the multi-space meter or the Parkmobile App are transferred to the Officer's handheld device that shows the vehicle has been paid. There are still a few single-space meters downtown that accept coins and credit cards, as well as the Parkmobile app.
Resident or employee permits are not allowed in metered spaces downtown, except where marked on 21st Avenue.
For more information on the Parkmobile App or instructions on how to use the Pay-By-Plate Meters visit the Parking Division webpage here: http://www.hollywoodfl.org/96/Parking
or call 954.921.3535 to speak with someone in the Parking Division.