The City is diligently monitoring the development of COVID-19 and is taking the necessary precautions for the safety and well-being of our community. We are working closely with local and state officials and remain vigilant in following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Department of Health guidelines. All residents are encouraged to take preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as hand washing, social distancing, and staying at home.
Stop the Spread of COVID-19
The City of Hollywood is under a number of state and local
orders to protect public health and safety and help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Executive Orders from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
Executive Order 20-69 Local Government Public Meeting
Executive Order 20-70 Broward and Palm Beach County Closure
Executive Order 20-71 Alcohol Sales, Restaurants, and Gym
Executive Order 20-72 Non-essential Elective Medical Procedures
Emergency Orders from Broward County
Emergency Orders from City of Hollywood
The Broward County City Managers’ Association, In Partnership with the Broward League of Cities, Coordinates Safer-at-Home Orders in All 31 Cities
Restrictions and Closures in the City of Hollywood - Effective 12:01 a.m. on Monday, March 23, 2020 through the end of the declared local state of emergency:
Non-essential Retail and Commercial Business Locations
All nonessential retail and commercial business locations are ordered closed except to perform the minimum activities necessary to maintain the value of inventory, preserve plant and equipment condition, ensure security, process the business’s own payroll and employee benefits, and facilitate the business’s own employees working remotely. Such businesses must practice, and ensure persons interacting with such businesses practice social distancing and all other measures as advised by the CDC.
For detailed information and a list of the retail and commercial businesses that are deemedessential and may remain open, please refer to the Broward County Emergency Order. All essential businesses must follow social distancing and all other
measures as advised by the CDC.
Summary of Restrictions and Closures Currently in Effect in Hollywood
Bars, Pubs, Nightclubs, Cocktail Lounges Closed
All bars, pubs, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, breweries, and taverns in the City of Hollywood are closed until further notice.
Restaurants Open for Drive-Thru, Delivery & Pick-Up Only
All restaurants, cafeterias, and other food service establishments are no longer serving dine-in customers or on premise services. However, such establishments may continue to operate their kitchens for drive-thru, delivery, and curbside pick-up of food orders
All non-essential businesses are closed in accordance with Broward County Emergency Order 20-01 effective 12:01 a.m. March 23, 2020.
Hollywood Beach, Broadwalk, Parks and Recreational Facilities
The Hollywood Beach and Broadwalk are closed to recreational activity. Access to the barrier island is restricted to residents, business owners, business employees, hotel guests and patrons coming to pick up carry-out food orders from barrier island restaurants. All City community centers, parks and recreational facilities are closed.
The Hollywood Marina on Polk Street remains open to boat owners who rent a slip at the marina. The fuel pumping station at the marina is open to the public. The Holland Park boat launch area is closed. If you need to access the ramps for the following limited purposes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. please call 954.921.3035; after hours call the non-emergency number 954.764.4357.
- Commercial fishing (must present commercial license)
- Law enforcement activities
- Access to live aboard vessels
- Vessel removal or emergency maintenance
Public Access to City Hall and City Buildings: Customer Services Provided Online and By Phone
For the health and safety of our employees and residents, access to City Hall and City Buildings is not available to the public through Friday, April 3, 2020, however many services are available on a modified basis via telephone and online. The following City operations continue:
Public Safety and Emergency Services
Public Works/Sanitation Services
Public Utilities/Water and Wastewater Services
Customer Service (online and by phone)
Building Department Permitting and Inspection Services
Administration, City Attorney, City Clerk, Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance, Budget
Parks Maintenance & Security
Residents can access a number of services online or by calling the appropriate City Department, Office or Agency listed in the staff directory on the City’s website.
If you have questions regarding the City’s COVID-19 emergency response, call the special public information line from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can reach this special public information line at 954.967.4362.
Cancellations of City Events and Programs
All City-sponsored events and other programming have been cancelled until further notice. This includes all City programming held indoors within Community Centers, including aftercare programs. All organized athletic leagues, games, races and tournaments held at City recreational facilities will be cancelled until further notice. For the latest status of City events and programming, and other programs offered throughout Broward County, please visit the City’s website event calendar.
The Sun Shuttle micro transit system has begun providing riders free rides to and from essential businesses and service providers only, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, banks and medical appointments. Please do not request a ride if you have a fever, are feeling ill, or suspect that you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19. The Sun Shuttle team is taking all health and safety precautions possible, wiping down cars frequently and disabling ride-sharing features.
All Building Permits Issued Online
The City of Hollywood is now issuing ALL Building Permits via the ePermit Online Service. Customers are encouraged to use the online system to submit, monitor, pay for building permits and schedule inspections. Hollywood customers can also apply and receive approvals for associated Broward County permits using the County’s ePermitOneStop online service.
Still have questions? Want us to give you a call? The QLess Virtual Check-In System allows customers to communicate with staff from Building, Engineering and Planning and Zoning to have questions and concerns addressed quickly. Simply “get in line” and we’ll give you a call back.
Please note: The QLess Virtual Check-In System will now be used for Informational Courtesy Hours too (Tuesday and Thursday 7:30-10:30). This includes Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Zoning, Fire, Engineering and Utilities.
Enter the QLess Virtual Check-In App here or text "Hollywoodservice" to 954.241.1105 to reserve your spot in line.
Qless Video Tutorial
Log on for Hollywood ePermits
Log on for Broward County ePermitOneStop
Please see the following list of events in Hollywood that have been cancelled due to COVID-19:
- 3/27 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/28 & 4/4 Gardening Classes at Oak Lake Community Center
- 3/28 – Hollywood ArtsPark Experience: Dumpstaphunk
- 3/28 – 3/29 Pro Footvolley
- 3/30 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- The Hollywood Historical Society Lecture Series is cancelled through July
Additional closings and cancellations in Broward County:
- All South Florida public and private schools are closed until at least April 15th.
- All Broward County Library branches are closed until further notice. For information on service changes/adjustments, visit the Broward County Library website.
- Broward County Court has been suspended until further notice.
- All local Social Security offices are closed to the public for in-person service. With offices closed, the agency encourages the public to access their services online.
- Broward County Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Sites are closed until further notice
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has cancelled all large public gatherings and meetings. The Construction Open House scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center is postponed until further notice.
Once authorized by public health guidance, the construction open house will be rescheduled, and a new meeting notice will be mailed to project stakeholders. For more information, please email Community Outreach Specialist, Rebecca Guerrero or call 954.940.7605
- Broward County Transit operating a ‘Saturday schedule’ daily (Monday through Saturday) as of March 28th. Limited Stop service will be temporarily eliminated; Express buses will run every 30 minutes.
- Brightline has suspended service, effective Wednesday, March 25th until further notice.
Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport remains open, however, passengers should check with their airline for the latest status update on flights.
- Please Note: Effective on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-80 stating that all passengers arriving from areas with substantial community spread, including New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please refer to Executive Order 20-80 for detailed information.
- Port Everglades is open and operational. The Port is working closely with the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Quarantine Station in Miami for any COVID-19 issues that may arise with cruise ships or cargo vessels.
Upcoming event cancellations in Broward County:
- Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration (March 28-29) – Postponed until further notice
- Pride of the Americas (April 21-26) – Postponed until Fall 2020
- Inter Miami CF’s home games in Fort Lauderdale (along with all MLS play) suspended until April 12
- Florida Panther Hockey games (along with all NHL games) are suspended indefinitely