All beaches in Broward County are open as of 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26th per Broward County Emergency Order 20-13. All persons utilizing the beaches in Broward must comply with the requirements in place. Failure to comply with the requirements may result in penalties (civil or criminal) for violators and require beaches in Broward County be re-closed.
LIMITED REOPENING GUIDELINES REMAIN IN PLACE
Hollywood Beach is open for limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, biking). Attachment 1: Beaches in Broward County Limited Reopening Guidelines
Beach Restrictions in place on Hollywood Beach:
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- No picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach.
- No umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, or coolers allowed.
- No group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- No group gathering or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household or group.
- Municipalities shall have the ability to enact more stringent requirements than set forth herein, and, as with all other aspects of this Emergency Order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this Emergency Order.