All beaches in Broward County are open under Broward County Emergency Order 20-14. All persons utilizing the beaches in Broward must comply with the requirements in place. Failure to comply with the requirements may result in penalties (civil or criminal) for violators and require beaches in Broward County be re-closed. Hollywood Beach is currently under additional restrictions imposed by Emergency Order 20-04.
Hollywood Beach is Open for Limited Active Recreation - Restrictions to be Lifted on Wednesday, Jun 10th
Hollywood Beach remains open with limited recreational use at this time. Permitted uses include limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, biking). Restrictions for sunbathing, beach chairs and umbrellas, etc. are
scheduled to be lifted at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10th. Please see the detailed guidelines for the beach that will be in place at that time.
Attachment 1: Beaches in Broward County Limited Reopening Guidelines
Beach Restrictions in place on Hollywood Beach:
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- No picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach.
- No umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, or coolers allowed.
- No group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- No group gathering or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household or group.