All beaches in Broward County, including Hollywood Beach, are now open under Broward County Emergency Order 20-14. All persons utilizing the beaches in Broward must comply with the requirements in place. Failure to comply with the requirements may result in penalties (civil or criminal) for violators and require beaches in Broward County be re-closed. The City shall apply and enforce all restrictions pertaining to Hollywood Beach as set forth in Broward County Emergency Order 20-14 and Attachment 15 - Beaches In Broward County Limited Reopening Guidelines.
Beaches in Broward County Limited Reopening Guidelines
Ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) and limited land based active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, biking and surf fishing) are permitted on beaches in Broward County. Picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, lying on beach, as well as the use of umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, and coolers are also permitted.
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- Facial coverings must be worn when social distancing of six (6) feet between persons (other than family members of the same household) cannot be maintained, including, but not limited to, when using elevators to access the beach, using restrooms, and when visiting beach concessions.
- All persons must have a facial covering available and ready to use at all times, persons must be able to show their facials coverings upon request by local authority.
- Disposable facial coverings and other disposable personal protective equipment such as gloves must be properly discarded, littering of facial coverings or other personal protective equipment is prohibited.
- The use of facial coverings is not required when engaging in active recreation or exercise or when in the water. Facial coverings should not be used by children under two (2) years of age.
- No group gatherings or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- No group or organized sports, including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- Individuals must maintain a least six (6) feet of physical distance between persons at all times (other than members of the same household or group), including when in the water.
- Buildings (other than restroom) or essential areas for social gathering (such as changing rooms, picnic pavilions, playgrounds, exercise equipment areas, etc.) must remain closed.
- Beach concessions must comply with the applicable requirements in Broward County Emergency Order 20-12, as amended, including Attachment 1 for all concessions, Attachment 2 for all restaurants or food establishment concessions, and Attachment 3 for retail concessions.
- Concessions or beachfront hotels that provide rental equipment (such as chairs, loungers, bicycles, etc.) must sanitize the rental equipment between each customer rental.
- Beach restrooms and showers must be sanitized at least every 3 hours.
- Municipalities shall have the ability to enact more stringent requirements than set forth herein, and as with all other aspects of this Emergency Order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this Emergency Order.