The City of Hollywood has joined with Broward County and other coastal communities to temporarily close the sandy beach.
Temporary closure of the Sandy Beach in Hollywood
- Pursuant to Broward County Emergency Order 20-19, the City of Hollywood shall prohibit public access to the sandy beach from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 3, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
Restricted Use of the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk
- The City of Hollywood shall limit public use of the Broadwalk for access to local business establishments from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 2, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
- All recreational uses of the Broadwalk shall be prohibited during this period.
- The walking/bicycling area north of North Beach Park from Freedom Street to Perry Street is also closed to recreational use.
- Businesses along the Broadwalk will remain open with existing restrictions related to facial coverings, capacity limitation, etc.
Broward County Emergency Order 20-19
City of Hollywood Emergency Order 20-07